If you haven't seen my YouTube video on this recipe, you can check it out here...
super tasty, super fast, super nutritious.....
This recipe is super popular for my cancer patients and those who need extra calories, people recovering from surgery, malnourished patients, children and people who need food that will give them long sustained energy. Keto-dieters can modify this recipe by substituting the noodles with keto-friendly options.
You can make this in 15. minutes, make it the day before and have it for lunch. It's gluten and dairy free, and for the vegans, the protein component can be modified with tofu. This recipe is SUBLIME.
Here's what you'll need...
You will need (serves 2)
1 stock cube
2-3 chicken tenderloins (or fish or tofu)
a handful of green beans
1 tin coconut milk (400ml)
1 clove garlic crushed
1 tbsp ginger - sliced
2-3 torn kaffir lime leaves
Vermicelli noodles (enough for 2)
Lime juice to taste
Extra : Coriander, Vietnamese mint, sliced cucumber, chilli (these are just for extra flavour)
1. In a saucepan, add the coconut milk, water, onion, garlic, ginger, kaffir lime, stock cube and chicken and bring to the boil, then reduce to simmer for 10 minutes
2. After 10 minutes, remove the chicken and the onion/kaffir/ginger and then add the noodles and cook to soften (About a minute) then add the green beans and lime juice.
3. When the chicken is cool enough, shred it and put aside. Discard the onion/kaffir/ginger.
4. Grab a bowl and arrange half the noodles, with half the coconut broth, layer chicken and beans on top.
5. Flavour with extra herbs to your liking, and sliced cucumber for extra crunch.
6. Find a cosy spot and enjoy......