This recipe was by accident. I think I was at the end of my week and trying to use up some vegetables - and had a bit of chicken left and decided to make this salad. Well, it's evolved over the years into something MAGNIFICENT.
If you're strapped for time, and trying to get rid of some of your veggies before you next major shop, then this is the best thing to make. I would say it takes about 20 minutes to create and about 2 minutes to inhale - it's that tasty. Literally getting all your vegetable intake in one meal, great low GI meal, with protein that you can substitute with prawns or tofu. Incredibly tasty thanks to nature's own flavour enhancer - herbs. Truth be told - I had this for dinner tonight. yum.
To generously serve 4, you will need
1. Poach the chicken - in a sauce pan, empty the coconut milk and then add the garlic and the chicken breasts. Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer for 12 minutes. Turn off and allow to rest for at least 10 minutes.
2. Prepare the rice noodles to the manufacturers instructions and set aside to cool.
3. In the meantime, using a mandolin or the precision of your hands and knife, shred/mandolin the vegetables and place in a bowl.
4. Prepare the dressing by whisking the ingredients together until the sugar has dissolved.
5. Combine noodles with vegetables and then add the dressing and ensure all the ingredients are well coated with dressing. Transfer to plating dish/bowl.
6. Strain the coconut from the chicken, and then shred the chicken and place on top of salad, then add about 1/4 cup of the coconut milk stock to the salad by drizzling over.
7. Add the herbs and finally the fried shallots.